for rapid RELEASE
16 Might 2022
Governor Whitmer declares the Care of Mi Future Plan
The plan units a daring aim of opening 1,000 new youngster care applications by 2024 via an funding of $100 million to develop entry to youngster take care of working households and assist youngster care suppliers.
Battle Creek, Mich. , As we speak, Governor Gretchen Whitmer, Lieutenant Governor Garlin Gilchrist II, the Michigan Division of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA), and the Michigan Division of Schooling introduced an bold aim of opening 1,000 new youngster care applications by the top of 2024 and launched Caring for . Mi Future- $100 million plan to get there.
“Practically half of Michigan households dwell in a neighborhood with out satisfactory youngster care choices to satisfy their wants. An absence of kid care choices means households are compelled to depart the workforce, work fewer hours, or mix youngster care choices into one. compelled to affiliate with what would not work very properly for his or her household. It would not work for youngsters, households or employers,” mentioned Governor Gretchen Whitmer, “That’s the reason I’m proud to work within the aisle to safe a $100 million bipartisan funding to launch the Caring for Mi Future Plan, which can dramatically enhance entry to youngster care in our state. Increasing will add extra kids to high quality early schooling and assist extra households know their kids are protected.”
“We now have unbelievable youngster care entrepreneurs throughout the state, and proper now, they’re standing on an ideal price range for youths. The Caring for Mi Future Plan responds to probably the most urgent wants going through youngster care entrepreneurs and seeks to create a extra sustainable youngster care market in Michigan. Lieutenant Governor Garlin Gilchrist II, “This plan helps entrepreneurs construct high-quality services, safe beginning capital, recruit proficient staff, and join with tech assist earlier than they’re licensed. Investing in entrepreneurs means extra Michigan kids and households. have entry to top-notch youngster care of their communities. That is nice information for Michigan.”
“High quality youngster care applications are the silent drivers of our economic system.” Michigan Division of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs mentioned director orlene hawks, “This funding will develop entry to protected, high quality, reasonably priced youngster care throughout the state. Lara’s one-stop store will assist youngster care entrepreneurs discover and create protected locations to open their companies, assist start-up funding, join them with youngster care schooling grants, and assist them succeed. Will present skilled assist.
“Mi Future Care helps our effort to develop all the things we are able to to present our younger kids a very good begin and assist their mother and father entry high quality youngster care,” he mentioned. State Superintendent Dr. Michael Rice, “We now have the sources and alternatives within the state proper now to make a big distinction to our youngsters and assist drive an economic system that may present for youngsters and households. This can be a nice bipartisan funding in the way forward for Michigan.”
“Brilliant Lights opened on 1 February this 12 months and the final three months are the end result of a imaginative and prescient I’ve had for some time,” mentioned Lindsey Potter, proprietor of Brilliant Lights Early Care, “I’ve labored repeatedly for over a 12 months on the licensing and enterprise startup operations course of and am excited to be a part of this announcement that may proceed to assist youngster care entrepreneurs comparable to me and the academics we make use of.”
care of mi future
MI Future Care is a $100 million funding to assist extra Michigan households discover high quality, reasonably priced youngster care of their neighborhood. As we speak, in response to the Michigan League for Public Coverage, almost half of communities shouldn’t have sufficient youngster care choices to satisfy demand.
To reply, the state is investing $100 million to extend entry to youngster care throughout the state and opening 1,000 new, or expanded, youngster care applications by the top of 2024. This technique responds to probably the most urgent wants going through youngster care entrepreneurs and creates sustainable methods to assist the present and subsequent technology of kid care enterprise homeowners.
By way of Caring for Mi Future, entrepreneurs may have entry to:
- Options identification and improve assistBaby care companies want entry to reasonably priced, licenseable locations to care for youngsters. Funding of $51.1 million will probably be accessible for the renovation and improve of services to satisfy licensing and high quality requirements. Grant purposes will probably be accessible in late summer time 2022.
- Startup Funding: Cashflow is an ongoing problem for youngster care companies, particularly new websites that should spend properly earlier than they’ve revenue. The state will award $23 million in grants to applications earlier than and instantly after they’re licensed.
- Help for Recruitment of Staff: Entrepreneurs can’t open and develop their companies if they can’t rent staff. The state will make investments greater than $11.4 million to proceed our statewide effort to recruit, practice, and retain proficient elementary academics who dwell and work within the communities they serve.
- Enterprise Growth Instruments: Many new companies profit from the assist of the state and their neighborhood to evaluate market calls for, determine a location, adjust to well being and security laws—together with native zoning, and create a marketing strategy. The state will make investments $14.3 million to align these sources and make the startup and licensing course of clearer and sooner for suppliers.
For added particulars on when particular grants to entrepreneurs will probably be accessible, see michigan.gov/childcare,
distribution to households
MI Future Care is a part of a $1.4 billion bipartisan funding to develop entry to high quality, reasonably priced youngster care and get Michigan households again to work. Baby care is commonly the most important expense within the household price range and one in three Michigan households is now eligible without cost or low-cost youngster care.
To qualify, households should:
- have a baby below the age of 13
- Kids in want of care as a result of they’re working or going to highschool
- have eligible revenue.
- Your month-to-month revenue have to be lower than $2,686 for a household of two, $3,386 for a household of three, or lower than $4,085 for a household of 4.
- assembly michigan.gov/childcare There are a full record of causes households could qualify for low- or no-cost youngster care and qualifying revenue ranges for bigger households.
Households can apply for childcare help by visiting MiBridges.Michigan.gov,